White Lightning Chicken Chili Recipe3 cups cooked chicken, shredded (or 3. leftovers from Roast Chicken & Garlic)
6 cloves roasted garlic (or 6 garlic cloves pulled from juices in Roast Chicken & Garlic recipe)
1 cup onion, chopped
1/3 cup fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
3 cans (15 oz ea) Great Northern beans, drained, rinsed and divided (or 2 cups dry beans, soaked & cooked)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
3 can (14 1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
2 Tablespoons Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1/4 cup lime juice
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 Tablespoon cold water
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, snipped
1. Chop onion and jalapeno peppers using Food Chopper.
2. Drain 1 can of beans. Transfer to Bowl. Gently squeeze garlic from papery skins into beans in bowl; mash using potato Masher. Drain remaining 2 cans of beans and set aside. (If using cooked dry beans, just estimate 1/3 of them to mash with the garlic)
3. Heat oil in Generation II 6-Qt. Dutch Oven over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno peppers; cook 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add chicken, mashed bean-garlic mixture, whole beans, chicken broth, Seasoning Mix and lime juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes.
4. Combine cornstarch and water, stirring until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to chili and continue cooking 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Snip cilantro; stir into chili just before serving. Ladle chili into soup bowls using Nylon Ladle.
Yeild: 8 servings
Also good with sour cream and/or Jack cheese AND the cornbread previously posted.